The nominees are:
- Jason Kubel, OF, Minnesota (Jeters Never Prosper). The sponsor on his baseballreference.com page says: "Jason Kubel is my hero. Like if Nightcrawler was real and played baseball." I can't top that.
- Ryan Raburn, 2B, Detroit (Kicked in the Nuts). Last year sported a stat line of .340 OBP, 54 R's, 62 RBI's and 2 SB's. Second base is weak, but this weak?
- Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Chicago Cubs (Jeters Never Prosper). Had a .294 OBP last year, the second lowest of any keeper.
- Jimmy Rollins, SS, Philadelphia (The Spam Avengers). May not actually be any good any more: last year he put up a putrid stat line of a .320 OBP, 8 HR, 48 R's and 41 RBI's.
- Chris Sale, RP, Chicago White Sox (Le Dupont Torkies). Doesn't appear to be closing for the ChiSox, making him a young middle reliever.
- Stephen Strasburg, SP, Washington (Wu Tang Financial). Definitely out for 2011 thanks to reconstructive surgery and plays on the execrable Nationals. Obviously a fun gamble for 2012, but is this the best use of limited roster spots?
- Brandon Webb, SP, Texas (Wu Tang Financial). Last pitched an inning in April 2009.
- C.J. Wilson, SP, Texas (chad has pretty feet). Came out of nowhere to have a nice season as a starter for the Rangers last year, are we sure he's for real?