We begin with the updated all-time standings, which we first knocked together after last season in a post inexplicably titled after a line from a Francois Villon poem. Because we are sticklers for tradition, we figured we couldn't do much better than stealing from Jean-Paul Sartre this time around. Allons a classement generale!
|AVG FINISH||AVG PTS||Cashes||Cash %||Wins||Win %|
|Matty G. (3)||7.2||58.2||0||0.000||0||0.000|
|Other Scot (1)||9.0||48.5||0||0.000||0||0.000|
† Coupled as an entry because of past joint ownership.
* Split '07 season; finish assigned to Mike.
Some items of note:
- While things have tightened up or widened out in a number of places, there were only two place changes in the overall standings from last season to this. First, Alex's win pushed him juuuuust out ahead of Jake for third place all time. Second, further down the table, sahil has edged ahead of Jon.
- Our Fair Leader's 11th-place finish means that his overall average ordinal finish has slid to within 0.1 places of previously untouchable league doormat M*ke. A finish of 10th or worse next year would sink the commish below M*ke, which might be incentive enough to run hard to the finish line next year.
- It is now mathematically possible for Scot to catch Tucker for the overall #1 slot after next season, though it would require a pretty big spread.
- From the Stuck in the Middle With You file, Teddy's last-day swoon ensured that he and Sahil are still the only active league members never to have either won or finished last in the league. Teddy also tightened his grip on the Best Never to Win a Major label, which is ironic given his repeated abuse of Phil Mickelson in the past.- While we're on the subject, Teddy's 93.5 points are the most ever recorded by a team finishing outside the top 2. We're sure that will be a comfort to him.
- Least impacted guy this season? Andrew, whose overall ordinal ranking stayed still at 6.1, and whose average point total moved by all of 0.4.
- We have nothing interesting to say about Angelo, Corey, or Will here. We're sure they'd agree.
Back later in the week with awards, a look at the Deathship, and the always uncomfortable accountability post.